Hey!
This is the last time I’ll salute you! This is the last post I’m writing this semester, because the English course is coming to its end. I hope you enjoyed it.
This was a new experience for me because I didn’t have a blog before, and I actually didn’t know how to use them. This was the first time I ever wrote on a virtual platform in my life (I’m not good at this kind of things), so it was more like a new experience rather than good or bad one. I can say that I enjoyed it somehow, because the topics we where given were, most of the times, pretty good ones. They let us write a lot about ourselves, and of course, the career we’re studying.
I come from a school that taught a lot of English, so I can say I had a good base. But as years went by, I didn’t use it (except when I listen to music), so I kind of got rusted. I forgot a lot of words, and the talking part has always been problematic for me (mainly because I don’t like to talk in a foreign language). So, taking this course has given me the opportunity of remembering everything that I had lost, and the writing part was one of the most important. I didn’t write in English for at least 4 years, and I can say by my own experience that you loose it if you didn’t practice.
I think the blog is a good way of making the course more interesting. And I think that it is better for the teachers as well, they can correct our posts in the comfort of their homes. And they don’t have to translate or make a big effort to understand bad handwritings; a good point when it comes to time spent correcting. For the students it's a good way of catching up with the work our classmates are doing.
I think that the blog is a good way of practicing english, the only problem I find in this mean, is that the students have to be really strict and take a look at the corrections that the teachers make.
Have a nice week!
Valentina,
ResponderEliminarWell, now that you know how to create a blog you can have one to talk about and discuss issues related to your career or the things you are interested in. You can have your say for free. Tempting, isn’t it?
Like you said, your previous knowledge of English is vast indeed, so it was hard for me to have you as a student in the sense that I was always worried you wouldn’t get so bored in class, since, when it comes to teaching, it’s not an easy task to strike the happy medium between an easy to follow and a challenging class, so as to satisfy everybody.
Now you’re right when you say that it’s easier to correct something printed rather than handwritten, but it does take a lot of time correcting, giving feedback and keeping track and a record of what the students have (or haven’t!) done.
Just a couple of things to keep in mind:
(you loose it if you didn’t practice): You lose it if you don’t practice. (loose is an adjective)
(I find in this mean): the sing. and plural form is means: a means of communication/ transportation/ etc.
All the best to you!