miércoles, 3 de junio de 2009

My favourite subject


So, we meet again.


Today I’m going to talk you about my favorite subject this semester. This term I have seven subjects, 5 of them are obligatory, one is an elective, and the other one is this course.


The one I like the most is Theory 5, with professor Manuel Garretón. This subject is about the history of the sociological thought in Latin America, and the ways that it has developed. I like it because the profesor makes it interesting, and of course, the course itself has a lot of virtudes.


For a student of sociology it is very important to know the process in which the sociological thought has developed in order to become what it is now. In this context, the sociological thought in Latin America has had a lot of variations, even though this is a “new” discipline (in comparison to the european one that is the founder). This continent has gone through many processes such as military dictatorships, democracies, political revolutions, indigenous revolutions, etc., and the sociologists study them using several theories that support their ideas. And those theories have a line in which they move, in which they develop and to which they appeal. So the study of those lines of sociolgical thought is what I learn in this subject.

1 comentario:

  1. Valentina,
    That’s a very clear piece of writing about a really interesting subject, indeed.
    Just in case:
    (virtude): virtues.
    (a line in which ...) a line along which...

    ResponderEliminar