miércoles, 14 de octubre de 2009

Election Day

Hello! We meet again...
Today I'm going to tell you about elections. Chile is going to choose a new president and new deputies and senators on December. I'm actually interested in polithics, but I'm not happy with the representation system. I think that it isn't really democratic, so I'm not registered to vote. That is my way of showing that I'm not satisfied with the system.
Electoral campaigns are very interesting, but I think that the people that are registered to vote must at least read the goverment plan of every candidate and then make their decision. Chileans vote for faces and don't take a look at the goverment planification. I think that civil culture must be taught in schools, and that children should know about chilean history as well as all the process that involves elections and polithics in general.
I have never considered to become a politician, I think that I'd like to be behind the important decisions in matters of overcoming poverty, or maybe in different goberment services or corporations, such as the Sernam (servicio nacional de la mujer), or the Conace (corporación nacional de control de estupefacientes), but not in the race of getting votes.
Chile has a lot of problems, as any other country in development. Problems such as poverty (in all it's faces, such as education, health, dwelling, etc.), security, employment, ecology, etc., must have a speciall attention from the goverment, and politicians must have a firm opinion about it, in order to make negociations. I think that a good goberment must take care of every problem that affects the people, it has to be complete, and not centered in a few topics.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario