miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2009

Summamry from a career related article from the Guardian

Hello!
Today I'm going to tell you about a piece of news that interested me, that I saw on The Guardian. It's called "Hamas bans women from riding motorbikes". Here's the link.

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/07/hamas-bans-women-riding-motorbikes

This article starts talking about a bit of Gaza's political history, of how Hamas won the Palestinian elections in 2006 over Fatah. Hamas has been in control eventhough Gaza's poverty is rising (caused, of course, by Israel's eocnomic blockade), but, recent polls suggest that it's popularity is decreasing. We have to keep in mind that this movement is the conservative one, and their actions, at least in the first years it has always been in favour of increasing it's militar power, and of course, disable the criminal clans.

It also tells about the way that this political faction is in an "Islamising campaign", that is, "a socially conservative campaign" according to the article's author. This includes several dress codes to females, the prevention of unmarried couples to mix in public, etc. And this time, women can't ride motorbikes. This ban was published in the Hama's website, and it was formulated to "preserve citizen safety and the stability of Palestinian society's custom and traditions".

2 comentarios:

  1. I really think that this article is amazing because i am a women and the Hamas movement do a lot of things to prevent female liberations.

    I question my self about how the people and the international comunity can permit this behaviour. I cannot understand people and political people who validate this laws.

    I think it is incredible the things that this political faction of ismalic do. The prohibitions like the couples can't see them in public and the women can't ride motorbikes are a crime against female rigths and the womans in the occident world have to protest.

    I know that the ancient peoples and some religions want to keep they traditions and I respet that, but i dont understand this behaviour. I know that for islamic people the traditions are very important but his relationships with the woman is very brutal and always be a mistake according to my education

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It is surprising to read in this century that there are several dress codes to females, the prevention of unmarried couples to mix in public or women can't ride motorbikes.

    I cuase many impact to see the life of this islam people and specialy of this islam women because my life is very different and I have not bans in general. I live freely and this country and this country does not oblige me to belong to a religion or ideology.

    I think that United Nations have that to do something.

    ResponderEliminar